We are pleased to announce the following line-up of upcoming concerts to be held at St. Matthew Lutheran Church. All will in some way involve the Austin pipe organ, one of the ten largest pipe organs in the world. The instrument, which recently has undergone a major five-year renovation, has been played by many of the world’s finest organists and is notable in the history of organ building. Several recordings have been made on the organ and the instrument can be heard regularly in worship, as well as in concerts, tours for children, Christmas Concerts, bus tours and programs for retirement homes.
- Richard Elliott, Organist, Mormon Tabernacle — Sunday, October 23, 3 pm. Free tickets required. Tickets are no longer vailable.
- Peter Richard Conte, Organist, Macy’s (originally Wanamaker’s), Philadelphia — Sunday, November 20, 4:00 pm. Free tickets required. A few tickets remaining.
Mr. Conte is the organist at Macy’s (old Wanamaker’s) – Philadelphia and Longwood Gardens – Kennett Square, Pa.
- Joseph Martin & Friends — Friday, January 13, 2017, 7:30 pm. Free tickets required. Available December 15-24. Mailed December 28.
Program, with Sue Martin, Heather Sorenson, Brad Nix, Steve Roddy and a workshop choir, includes piano, vocal and choral music as part of the 2-day Shawnee Press “Music in the Valley” Choral Director’s Session. The public is invited to the concert. Registration is required for the Saturday workshop.
- Annual Puppet Marathon with St. Matthew Mini-Ministers Puppets, Deb Smith, Director. — Sunday, February 12, 2017, 2-4 pm. No tickets required
A great family event in Fellowship Hall – come and go as time allows.
- Monte Maxwell, Organist and Director of Chapel Music, United States Naval Academy – Annapolis, MD — Sunday, April 23, 4:00 pm. Tickets and regrets will be mailed out April 5.
- Jeanie Mummert Kent Vocal Concert — Sunday, May 7, 4:00 pm. Accompanists Julie Bruckhart and Renee Heiser. Duet with Tim Kent, who will accompany on guitar. Doors open at 3:30 pm. No tickets are needed. Free-will offering.
- The King’s Brass and Tim Zimmerman with Karen Buckwalter, Organist — Sunday, June 4, 2017, 4:00 pm
Nine member professional brass ensemble from Fort Wayne, Indiana, with Karen Buckwalter, organist, composer, accompanist, handbell clinician, from Sebring, Florida. Ticket Details to come
For tickets, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope during the date range indicated, to St. Matthew Lutheran Church, attn.: Concert Series.