Photos of the Early Churches

Please click on each picture to enlarge.

stmatt_2 Log Church built in 1756

 

 stmatt_20001  Third Church, completed in 1807

stmatt_20002  Interior of Third Church, 1867

stmatt_20003  Former Frederick Street parsonage

stmatt_20004  Fourth Church, 1878

stmatt_20005  Interior of Fourth Church

  Fifth and present church, completed 1924

stmatt_20007  Twin bells in tower, 1922

Back to Main History Page